LoRa® wireless technology in the environment of process control systems
LoRa®* radio technology is also becoming increasingly important in the process control system environment. Two reasons speak for this:
- the use of the SRD band 868 MHz is free and
- the transmission characteristics are significantly better compared to common radio technologies.
LoRa® technology can therefore also communicate successfully at locations where common wireless technology fails. VIVAVIS uses this advantage and offers efficient and flexible solutions based on LoRa® to provide process control systems with additional information and measurement data of the field levels. The question quickly arises: “Can we also use LoRa® sensors for our projects? ” The answer: “It depends!”
- Are the sensors installed within a city or in the countryside?
- Are the sensors located in the basement?
- Where is the nearest gateway located?
- Are there many trees in the way?
The transmission quality depends heavily on the environment of the sensors and is difficult to predict across the board. Only a field test brings certainty. With the LoRa® function packages, VIVAVIS offers you basic equipment with which you can approach the topic of “IoT sensors” – and without much effort. The VIVAVIS test packages contain everything you need to test and work out your own use cases. *LoRa® is a registered trademark of Semtech Corporation.Request now